Digital closed orbit feedback system for the Advanced Photon Source storage ring [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1995.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 4 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Argonne National Laboratory, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Closed orbit feedback for the Advanced Photon Source (APS) storage ring employs unified global an local feedback systems for stabilization of particle and photon beams based on digital signal processing (DSP). Hardware and software aspects of the system will be described. In particular, we will discuss global and local orbit feedback algorithms, PID (proportional, integral, and derivative) control algorithm. application of digital signal processing to compensate for vacuum chamber eddy current effects, resolution of the interaction between global and local systems through decoupling, self-correction of the local bump closure error, user interface through the APS control system, and system performance in the frequency and time domains. The system hardware, including the DSPS, is distributed in 20 VNE crates around the ring, and the entire feedback system runs synchronously at 4-kHz sampling frequency in order to achieve a correction bandwidth exceeding 100 Hz. The required data sharing between the global and local feedback systems is facilitated via the use of fiber-optically-networked reflective memories.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:anl/asd/cp--87499
E 1.99: conf-9510119--24
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
SRI `95: synchrotron radiation instrumentation symposium and the 7. users meeting for the advanced photon source (APS), Argonne, IL (United States), 16-20 Oct 1995.
Decker, G.; Barr, D.; Chung, Y.; Lenkszus, F.; Lumpkin, A.; Galayda, J.; Votaw, A.J.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14691902