Automated measurement of cavity frequency and cavity tuning at CEBAF [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1993.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 5 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Continuous Electron Beam Accelerator Facility
United States. Department of Energy
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- We propose a method here which allows the measurement of the cavity resonance frequency in a frequency range up to ±5 kHz from the operating frequency. This is achieved by phase modulation of the incident signal with noise to drive the cavity with a broad band spectrum. The cavity resonance frequency can then be determined from the response signal of the field probe, which has a narrow frequency spectrum due to the high loaded Q of the cavity of 6.6×10⁶, corresponding to a cavity bandwidth of 125 Hz.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Li, Rui; Simrock, S.N.; Yunn, Byung C.
- Type of Report and Period Covered Note:
- Topical; 06/01/1993 - 06/01/1993
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14692805