The 12-GeV/c beam transfer and absorber lines for the Superconducting Super Collider [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1994.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 13 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The beam optics of the 12-GeV/c proton beam transfer line between the Low Energy Booster (LEB) and the Medium Energy Booster (MEB) at the Superconducting Super Collider is presented. The beam is extracted from the LEB vertically and is injected into the MEB through a vertical Lambertson magnet and a horizontal kicker. The beamline has high flexibility for amplitude and dispersion function matching. Effects of various errors in the transfer line are studied, and a beam position correction scheme is proposed. The beam optics of the 12-GeV/c absorber line transporting the beam from the LEB to an absorber during the LEB commissioning is also presented.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:sscl--678
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Brown, K.; McGill, J.; Gerig, R.; Mao, N.
Superconducting Super Collider Lab., Waxahachie, TX (United States)
- Type of Report and Period Covered Note:
- Topical; 08/01/1994 - 08/01/1994
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14693570