Operation of the Brookhaven AGS with the Booster [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1993.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 6 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Brookhaven National Laboratory, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The Brookhaven Alternating Gradient Synchrotron (AGS) received protons directly from a Linac and heavy ions directly from a Tandem Van de Graaff before 1992. The newly constructed Booster has been brought on line to serve as an injector for the AGS. The operational status of the acceleration of proton and heavy ions through the Booster and the AGS is reviewed. Accelerator improvement programs to increase proton intensity for physics research and to prepare heavy ion beams for RHIC injection are discussed.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:bnl--48220
E 1.99: conf-930511--160
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
PAC `93: international particle accelerator conference,Washington, DC (United States),17-20 May 1993.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14693925