Magnetic ring for stripping enhancement [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1992.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 4 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- A ring designed to recycle ions through a stripping medium offers the possibility for increasing output of the desired charge state by up to 4x. This could be a very important component of a Radioactive Nuclear Beam Facility. In order for such a ring to work effectively it must satisfy certain design conditions. These include achromaticity at the stripper, a dispersed region for an extraction magnet, and a number of first and higher order optics constraints which are necessary to insure that the beam emittance is not degraded unduly by the ring. An example is given of a candidate design of a stripping ring.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:lbl--32940
E 1.99: esg--212
E 1.99: conf-9210121--4
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Workshop on the production and use of intense radioactive ion beams for the IsoSpin Laboratory,Oak Ridge, TN (United States),7-10 Oct 1992.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14694266