Ac loss measurement of SSC dipole magnets [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1992.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 5 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory
United States. Department of Energy
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- AC losses in full length and 1.5 m model SSC collider dipoles were successfully measured by the direct observation of energy flow into and out of magnets during a ramp cycle. The measurement was performed by using two double-integrating type digital volt meters (DVM`s) for current and voltage measurement. Measurements were performed for six is m long ASST magnets and five 1.5 m long model magnets, inducting one 40 mm diameter magnet. There were large variations in the eddy current losses. Since these magnets use conductors with slight deviations in their internal structures and processing of the copper surface depending on the manufacturer, it is likely that there are differences in the contact resistance between strands. Correlation between the ramp rate dependence of the,quench current and the eddy current loss was evident.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
ICFA workshop on AC superconductivity,Tsukuba (Japan),23-25 Jun 1992.
Mazur, P.O.; Orris, D.; Strait, J.; Kinney, W.; Lamm, M.J.; Wake, M.; Delchamps, S.; Koska, W.; Ozelis, J.P.; Hanft, R.; Jaffery, T.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14694292