Exact analysis to any order of the linear coupling problem in the thin lens model [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1991.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 18 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Brookhaven National Laboratory, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- In this report we attempt the exact solution of the motion of a charged particle in a circular accelerator under the effects of skew quadrupole errors. We adopt the model of error distributions, lumped in locations with zero extensions. This thin-lens approximation provides an analytical insight to the problem to any order. The total solution is expressed in terms of driving terms which are actually correlation factors to several order. An application follows on the calculation and correction of tune-splitting and on the estimate of the role the higher-order terms play in the correction method.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:bnl--46751
E 1.99: conf-9110243--7
- Published through SciTech Connect.
5. International Committee for Future Accelerators (ICFA) beam dynamics workshop,Corpus Christi, TX (United States),3-8 Oct 1991.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14694502