Cyclotrons for the production of radioactive beams [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C : United States. Dept. of Energy. Office of Energy Research, 1990. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: (13 pages) : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, United States. Department of Energy. Office of Energy Research, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- This paper describes the characteristics and design choices for modern cyclotrons. Cyclotrons can be used in 3 areas in the radioactive beam field: the production of high energy heavy ion beams for use in fragmentation, the spallation of targets with high energy protons, and the acceleration of radioactive beams from low energy to the MeV/u range. 16 refs., 6 figs.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 01/01/1990., "lbl-28319", " conf-891044--9", "DE90009216", 1. international conference on radioactive nuclear beams, Berkeley, CA (USA), 16-18 Oct 1989., and Clark, D.J.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14694879