Beam catcher/dump [electronic resource].
- Upton, N.Y. : Brookhaven National Laboratory, 1985. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 3 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Brookhaven National Laboratory and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- A simple, low cost aperture limiting device with an absorber block has been developed and installed in the AGS ring at Brookhaven National Laboratory. The device intercepts injection tails, transition losses, and the inward spiraling beam of an aborted acceleration or extraction cycle. The resultant consolidation of losses at one point reduces activation of components around the ring and radiation exposure to personnel. 3 refs., 6 figs.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 01/01/1985., "bnl-36485", " conf-850504-139", "DE85012522", Particle accelerator conference, Vancouver, Canada, 13 May 1985., and Glenn, J.W.; Brown, K.; Makdisi, Y.; Rodger, E.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14694944