Measurement of the spin of a particle using undulator radiation [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1993.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: (4 pages) : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Brookhaven National Laboratory, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Use of many period wigglers to rotate the spin of particles in accelerators has been proposed. An added advantage of this scheme is that a spectrum of synchrotron radiation will be produced that contains a contribution due to the spin, so that the device can be effectively used as spin polarimeter, with advantages compared to Compton backscattering methods. Results are presented for two high energy proton storage rings: RHIC and the SSC.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:bnl-48237
E 1.99: conf-930511--75
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
International particle accelerator conference, Washington, DC (United States), 17-20 May 1993.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14695289