Experimental study of the Main Ring transition crossing [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1992.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 3 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory
United States. Department of Energy
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- A 12 sec long Main Ring cycle was used with an unbunched beam of low intensity to measure the change of the revolution frequency of the beam as a function of the central momentum setting determined by the magnetic field. The transition gamma was determined as the first order term in the change in the revolution frequency versus fractional change in the momentum, but the nonlinear term α₁ could not be determined because of the limited momentum aperture of the Main Ring and the present measurement resolution.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
International conference on high energy accelerators,Hamburg (Germany),20-24 Jul 1992.
Kourbanis, I.; Ng, King-Yuen.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14695437