Reducing bunch disruption in transition crossing by modification of the rf waveform [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1992. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: (4 pages) : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- We investigate the utility of accelerating during the nonadiabatic period surrounding the time of transition with an rf waveform modified by a second or third harmonic component to eliminate rf focusing. Simulation study shows this scheme not only to control momentum spread but also to have apparent advantage with respect to microwave instability. An experimental test has been initiated in the Fermilab Main Ring using a cavity at the third harmonic of the rf.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 07/01/1992., "fnal/c-92/187", " conf-920706--45", "DE93002509", International conference on high energy accelerators, Hamburg (Germany), 20-24 Jul 1992., and Griffin, J.; Crawford, C.; Bhat, C.; MacLachlan, J.; Martens, M.; Wildman, D.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14695479