Design and construction experience with collet end clamps for 50 mm aperture SSC collider dipoles [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1992. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: (10 pages) : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Collet end clamps employed on full length and model SSC dipole magnets designed and built at Fermilab are described. Experimental data are presented for the baseline Fermilab design. Tests using pressuresensitive film to register the midplane and pole coil pre- stresses in the end clamp region are reviewed. Theoretical calculations address end clamp mechanics at room temperature, liquid helium temperature, and under magnetic excitation.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 04/01/1992., "fnal/c-92/99", " conf-920331--68", "DE93009598", 4. international industrial symposium on the Super Collider, New Orleans, LA (United States), 4-6 Mar 1992., and Carson, J.; Fulton, H.; Strait, J.; Wake, M.; Delchamps, S.; Bossert, R.; Heger, P.; Ewald, K.; Koska, W.; Kerby, J.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14695519