Radiation in the SLC final focus alcoves from beam losses in collimators and dumps [electronic resource].
- Menlo Park, Calif. : Stanford Linear Accelerator Center, 1986.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 14 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Stanford Linear Accelerator Center
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Radiation levels inside the final focus alcoves are calculated from the main dump, tune-up dumps, and adjustable collimators. Neutron calculations are done for giant resonance neutrons. Fluences of neutrons and photons in the alcoves are determined. It is concluded that, if the beam losses do indeed occur as believed, many of the electronic components in the alcoves will begin to fail after a very short running period. (LEW)
- Published through SciTech Connect.
McCall, R.C.; Jenkins, T.M.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14695747