Diagnostic phosphors for photon beams at the ALS and APS [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1991. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: (6 pages) : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Brookhaven National Laboratory, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Some tests have been made of phosphors for photon beam diagnosis. Plasma sprayed coatings were checked for damage and decay during a period of several ampere-hours of irradiation from the NSLS Xray ring. Surface temperatures were measured and extrapolated to give an indication of the temperatures expected in more powerful photon beams. Based on our findings we have chosen plasma-sprayed coatings of Europium-doped Yttrium Oxide as the best candidate for use on masks and flags in white'' photon beams of the new facilities. 4 refs., 2 figs.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 01/01/1991., "bnl-46649", " conf-910730--18", "DE92002071", 4. international conference on synchrotron radiation instrumentation, Chester (United Kingdom), 15-19 Jul 1991., and Johnson, E.D.; Shu, Deming; Warwick, T.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14696025