Linear accelerators for TeV colliders. Revision [electronic resource].
- Menlo Park, Calif. : Stanford Linear Accelerator Center, 1985. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 21 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Stanford Linear Accelerator Center and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The basic scaling relations for important linear collider design parameters are introduced. Some of the basic concepts concerning the design of accelerating structures are presented, and breakdown limitations are discussed. Rf power sources are considered. Some of the key concepts of wakefield accelerators are discussed, and some examples of wake fields for typical linac structures are presented. Some general concepts concerning emittance, and the limitations on the emittance that can be obtained from linac guns and damping rings are discussed. 49 refs., 15 figs. (LEW)
- Published through SciTech Connect., 10/01/1985., "slac-pub-3674-rev.", " conf-850128-17-rev.", "DE86005654", 2. international workshop on laser acceleration of particles, Los Angeles, CA, USA, 7 Jan 1985., and Wilson, P.B.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14696145