A 40 mm bore quadrupole magnet for the SSC [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1990.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: (4 pages) : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- A 40 mm bore quadrupole magnet design, called QC'', has been made for the SSC with the following parameters: 208 T/m gradient at 6500A, 2-layer cos 2 θ'' winding arrangement with 30 strand cable and one spacer wedge per coil. Structural support is provided by self-supporting interlocking collars; two types of symmetrical laminations are pre-assembled into collar packs for ease of assembly. This paper will describe the design of a prototype quadrupole magnet for the SSC and preliminary tests results on 1 m models. 7 refs., 6 figs., 2 tabs.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:lbl-28887
E 1.99: sc-mag--285
E 1.99: conf-900944--50
- Published through SciTech Connect.
1990 applied superconductivity conference, Snowmass, CO (United States), 24-28 Sep 1990.
Taylor, C.E.; Peters, C.; Gilbert, W.S.; Lietzke, A.; Fritz, D.; Caspi, S.; Wandesforde, A.; Barale, P.; Dell'Orco, D.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14696205