SSC Cryogenic System [electronic resource].
- Upton, N.Y. : Brookhaven National Laboratory, 1985.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 7 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Brookhaven National Laboratory and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The design of the 4.5 K primary cooling system and higher temperature shield cooling systems for the SSC are described. Typical flow diagrams for the magnet piping systems are presented. Estimated heat loads are given. The systems have been designed to accomodate the great distances, 90 km and up, over which the load will be distributed. Provision has been made for cooldown, warmup, quench recovery and magnet replacement, as well as for steady-state operation.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:bnl-36968
E 1.99: conf-850814-8
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Cryogenic engineering conference and international cryogenic materials conference, Boston, MA, USA, 12 Aug 1985.
Brown, D.P.; Rode, C.; VanderArend, P.C.; Louttit, R.I.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14696296