A proposal to extend the intensity frontier of nuclear and particle physics to 45 GeV (LAMPF 2) [electronic resource].
- Los Alamos, N.M. : Los Alamos National Laboratory, 1984.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 281 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Los Alamos National Laboratory and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- It is proposed to construct and operate a high-intensity, medium energy synchrotron addition to the Clinton P. Anderson Meson Physics Facility. The addition is to consist of a 6-GeV, 170-..mu..A booster and a 45-GeV, 34-..mu..A, 3-Hz main synchrotron with 50% duty factor. The physics of strong and electroweak interactions to be studied at the facility is discussed, as well as accelerator design, scope of experimental area facilities, and cost estimates and schedule. (LEW)
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:la-ur-84-3982
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14696341