Estimate of particle fluxes from the IR's at the SSC [electronic resource].
- Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy, 1984.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 3 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- There exists a considerable amount of interest in exploring the possibility of doing secondary beam physics at SSC. There are at least three obvious ways of obtaining secondary beams at the SSC, namely: (a) extraction of the primary stored beam and its subsequent targeting to generate secondary beams; (b) generation of secondary beams from internal target, either gas jet or thin wire or foil; and (c) utilization of particles produced in the primary collisions in the interaction regions. This note summarizes some calculations performed on the yields generated via the third mechanism. 2 references, 3 figures.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:slac-pub-3509
E 1.99: conf-8406198-37
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Design and utilization of the superconducting super collider summer study, Snowmass, CO, USA, 23 Jun 1984.
Wojcicki, S.G.; Hwa, T.
Stanford Univ., CA (USA)
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14696350