Design of a high luminosity collider for the Tau-Charm Factory [electronic resource].
- Menlo Park, Calif. : Stanford Linear Accelerator Center, 1989.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 8 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Stanford Linear Accelerator Center and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Important relations between basic parameters of a high-luminosity collider are discussed. As the result, it is shown that the maximum bunch spacing is limited by the beam current to clear the threshold of the bunch lengthening. In order to solve the short bunch spacing, the crab-crossing scheme is applied to the design of a ring with 2.2 GeV, 2 /times/ 10/sup 33/ cm/sup /minus/2/s/sup /minus/1/ luminosity. 8 refs., 5 figs.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:slac-pub-5038
E 1.99: conf-8905144-6
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Tau-Charm workshop, Stanford, CA, USA, 23-27 May 1989.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14696508