Fast energy spectrum and transverse beam profile monitoring and feedback systems for the SLC linac [electronic resource].
- Menlo Park, Calif. : Stanford Linear Accelerator Center, 1989. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 4 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Stanford Linear Accelerator Center and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Fast energy spectrum and transverse beam profile monitoring systems have been tested at the SLC. The signals for each system are derived from digitizations of images on phosphor screens. Individual beam bunch images are digitized in the case of the transverse profile system and synchrotron radiation images produced by wiggler magnets for the energy spectrum. Measurements are taken at two-second intervals. Feedback elements have been installed for future use and consist of rf phase shifters to control energy spectrum and dipole correctors to control the beam launch into the linac affecting the transverse beam profile. Details of these systems, including hardware, timing, data acquisition, data reduction, measurement accuracy, and operational experience will be presented. 9 refs.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 03/01/1989., "slac-pub-4896", " conf-890335-9-vugraphs", "DE89008989", 13. particle accelerator conference, Chicago, IL, USA, 20 Mar 1989., and Seeman, J.T.; Abrams, G.S.; Gromme, T.E.; Soderstrom, E.J.; Weinstein, A.J.; Brown, R.L.; Jacobsen, R.G.; Zicker, J.E.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14696627