The beam-beam interaction in e[sup +]e[sup [minus]] storage rings [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1993. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: (37 pages) : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Stanford Linear Accelerator Center, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- This article is a personal perspective about the physics of the beam-beam interaction. This is an active area of research combining operational experience, experiments, computer models, and theory with the goal being to overcome the shortcomings above. This research hasn't progressed sufficiently to quantitatively explain beam-beam limits, but there are qualitative explanations of many of the features of the beam-beam interaction and clear directions for future developments.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 03/01/1993., "slac-pub-6073", " conf-9210313--2", "DE93011229", Joint US/CERN school on particle accelerators frontiers of particle beams: factories with e[sup +]e[sup [minus]] rings, Benalmadena (Spain), 28 Oct - 5 Nov 1992., and Siemann, R.H.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14697088