Multiparticle magnetic spectrometer with dE/dx and TRD particle identification [electronic resource].
- Upton, N.Y. : Brookhaven National Laboratory, 1981. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 11 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Brookhaven National Laboratory and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Recent advances in detector development by BNL, CCNY and other groups have made possible new designs of fast high resolution large effective solid angle magnetic multiparticle spectrometers with excellent particle tracking, momentum measurement, and identification capability. These new spectrometers are relatively compact and relatively low cost electronics have been developed for them. Thus the cost is relatively low. These techniques are applied here primarily for design of spectrometers for low p/sub t/ and other physics (at moderate and even high p/sub t/) in the ISABELLE small angle hall. However, one should keep in mind that these techniques can be utilized in many other applications.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 01/01/1981., "bnl-29990", " conf-810759-1", "DE81030567", Physics opportunities at ISABELLE summer workshop, Upton, NY, USA, 20 Jul 1981., and Longacre, R.S.; Lindenbaum, S.J.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14697166