Operation of a Dudnikov type Penning source with LaB/sub 6/ cathodes [electronic resource].
- Berkeley, Calif. : Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, 1986. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 11 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The Dudnikov type Penning source has been operated successfully with LaB/sub 6/ cathodes in a cesium-free discharge. It is found that the extracted H/sup -/ current density is comparable to that of the cesium-mode operation and H/sup -/ current density of 350 mA/cm/sup 2/ have been obtained for an arc current of 55 A. The H/sup -/ yield is closely related to the source geometry and the applied magnetic field. Experimental results demonstrate that the majority of the H/sup -/ ions extracted are formed by volume processes in this type of source operation.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 10/01/1986., "lbl-22034-rev.", " conf-8610115-21-rev.", "DE87003528", 4. international symposium on the production and neutralization of negative ions and beams, Upton, NY, USA, 27 Oct 1986., and Jackson, L.T.; Lewis, W.T.; Williams, M.D.; Ball, D.P.; Leung, K.N.; Stearns, J.W.; Ehlers, K.W.; Allison, P.W.; McHarg, M.G.; DeVries, G.J.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14697320