RTNS-II [electronic resource] : experience at 14-MeV source strengths between 1 x 10/sup 13/ and 4 x 10/sup 13/ n/s.
- Livermore, Calif : Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, 1986.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 22 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- The design concepts, operational experience, and modifications of the two RTNS-II (Rotating Target Neutron Source-II) 14 MeV neutron sources are reviewed. The original design called for operation at a peak neutron source strength of 4 x 10/sup 13/ n/cm/sup 2/s. The facility was to operate at high plant factor and at an acceptable cost in both dose delivered to operating staff and releases to the environment. The possibilities of higher source strengths are discussed in light of the operating experience to date and of new technologies that may be applied to the problems of high flux generators of this type. Changes in ancillary equipment that would provide more efficient or safe operation are also indicated. (LEW)
- Published through SciTech Connect.
International Atomic Energy Agency neutron source meeting, Leningrad, USSR, 9 Jun 1986.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14697431