Monitors 1980 [electronic resource] : now there are two
- Los Alamos, N.M. : Los Alamos Scientific Laboratory, 1980.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 16 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Los Alamos Scientific Laboratory
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- The Clinton P. Anderson Meson Physics Facility (LAMPF) has developed two identical remote-handling systems, Monitors I and II, that are used to repair, replace, and maintain the main proton beam line. The systems use electric master-slave manipulators to perform the required tasks using only closed-circuit television for viewing. Advances in controls and mechanical subassemblies have increased the efficiency of operation to a significant degree. Recent major emergency repair operations have further proven the versatility and reliability of the Monitor systems. There is now no doubt that the future maintenance of the vital beam line is assured. This technology should be extended to other toxic, hazardous, and/or dangerous work areas.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
ANS international conference, Washington, DC, USA, 17 Nov 1980.
Lambert, J.E.; Baldwin, T.S.; Tanner, R.L.; Madrid, M.A.; Ekberg, E.L.; Grisham, D.l.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14697468