Some comments on emittance of H/sup -/ ion beams [electronic resource].
- Los Alamos, N.M. : Los Alamos National Laboratory, 1986. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 17 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Los Alamos National Laboratory and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Some properties of emittance, emittance distributions, and measurement techniques are reviewed. In comparing the results of measurements with several different types of H/sup -/ sources with each other and with emittance formulae, it is concluded that the emittance of surface-type sources is dominated by the effective ion temperature. Other effects, such as ion-optical distortions, may account for the emittance of volume-type sources.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 01/01/1986., "la-ur-86-4182", " conf-8610115-20", "DE87003731", 4. international symposium on the production and neutralization of negative ions and beams, Upton, NY, USA, 27 Oct 1986., and Allison, P.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14697539