Vacuum measurements of the K500 cyclotron accelerator chamber [electronic resource].
- Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Oak Ridge National Laboratory, 1986. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 4 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Oak Ridge National Laboratory and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- To evaluate the effectiveness of the unique internal cryopumping system, the pressure in the K500 superconducting cyclotron was measured as a function of radius for various gas flow rates emanating from the internal PIG source. For the test, a nude ion gauge with vertical dimension less than 2.3 cm was built and mounted on the internal beam probe. The effect of magnetic field on the ion gauge reading was determined and a method of degaussing the cyclotron was devised. Data from the normal shielded ion gauge located approximately 6 m away from the median plane was correlated with the internal vacuum measurements.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 01/01/1986., "conf-8610173-11", "DE87004269", 11. conference on cyclotrons and their applications, Tokyo, Japan, 13 Oct 1986., and Miller, P.S.; Mallory, M.L.; Hudson, E.D.; Kuchar, J.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14697544