Electromagnetic effects in relativistic electron beam plasma interactions [electronic resource].
- Livermore, Calif : Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, 1985. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 8 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Electromagnetic effects excited by intense relativistic electron beams in plasmas are investigated using a two-dimensional particle code. The simulations with dense beams show large magnetic fields excited by the Weibel instability as well as sizeable electromagnetic radiation over a significant range of frequencies. The possible relevance of beam plasma instabilities to the laser acceleration of particles is briefly discussed. 6 refs., 4 figs.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 02/13/1985., "ucrl-92172", " conf-850128-18", "DE85016071", 2. international workshop on laser acceleration of particles, Los Angeles, CA, USA, 7 Jan 1985., and Kruer, W.L.; Langdon, A.B.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14697819