Mutual compensation of wakefield and chromatic effects of intense linac bunches [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C : United States. Dept. of Energy. Office of Energy Research, 1990. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: (10 pages) : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Stanford Linear Accelerator Center, United States. Department of Energy. Office of Energy Research, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Mutual compensation of transverse and chromatic effects for intense electron bunches in a high-energy linac is a recent Novosibirsk idea which provides a new control of emittance enlargement. In this paper we elaborate on the principles and constraints for this new technique which requires careful matching of internal bunch parameters with external forces. With species values of the bunch length, bunch intensity, and klystron phasing, the transverse-wakefield-induced forces within the bunch can be cancelled by energy-dependent forces from the quadrupole lattice at all positions along the linac. Under these conditions the tolerances for quadrupole alignment, dipole stability, and injection launch errors are significantly relaxed. 7 refs., 8 figs.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 05/01/1990., "slac-pub-5220", " conf-9009200--1", "DE90013569", 1990 LINAC conference, Albuquerque, NM (USA), 10-14 Sep 1990., and Seeman, J.T.; Merminga, N.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14698315