Warm measurements of CBA superconducting magnets [electronic resource].
- Upton, N.Y. : Brookhaven National Laboratory, 1983. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 3 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Brookhaven National Laboratory and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- We present results on magnetic field measurements of CBA dipole magnets in the warm (normal conductor) and cryogenic (superconducting) states. We apply two methods for the warm measurements, a dc and ac method. We find a good correlation between warm and cryogenic measurements which lends itself to a reliable diagnosis of magnet field errors using warm measurements early in the magnet assembly process. We further find good agreement between the two warm measurement methods, both done at low currents.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 01/01/1983., "bnl-33535", " conf-830822-18", "DE83017581", 12. international conference on high energy accelerators, Batavia, IL, USA, 11 Aug 1983., and Engelmann, R.; Kahn, S.; Kirk, H.; Willen, E.; Yamin, P.; Herrera, J.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14698486