Racetrack microtron radio-frequency system [electronic resource].
- Los Alamos, N.M. : Los Alamos National Laboratory, 1981.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 4 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Los Alamos National Laboratory and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The design and construction progress of a prototype rf system to drive the Los Alamos-NBS racetrack microtron (RTM) electron accelerator is described. The rf system requires 450-kW cw at 2380 MHz from a single klystron. The output from the klystron is split three ways to drive a capture section, a preaccelerator section, and the main accelerator section. The fields in each section are phase- and amplitude-controlled to tight tolerances. Temperature control of the accelerator sections also is linked to the amplitude-control system, because the system's average power is so high.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:la-ur-81-3059-rev.
E 1.99: conf-811083-29-rev.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
1981 linear accelerator conference, Santa Fe, NM, USA, 19 Oct 1981.
Tallerico, P.J.; Mitra, A.K.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14698830