Review of RHIC (Relativistic Heavy Ion Collider) as a B factory [electronic resource].
- Upton, N.Y. : Brookhaven National Laboratory, 1988.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 9 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Brookhaven National Laboratory
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- A dedicated B physics experiment which was considered at the 1988 RHIC Summer Workshop was discussed. The machine may operate in a p-p mode with a luminosity in excess of 10/sup 32/ cm/sup /minus/2/ sec/sup /minus/1/ at 250 /times/ 250 GeV. The most ambitious physics objective of such an experiment would be the study of CP nonconservation. Particular emphasis at the workshop was given to the self tagging mode B ..-->.. K/sup +/omicron/sup minus/. Experimental techniques developed during this experiment would be extremely useful for more ambitious projects anticipated at the SSC. 4 figs.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
3. workshop on experiments and detectors for a relativistic heavy ion collider (RHIC), Upton, NY, USA, 18 Jul 1988.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14698952