PHASE SHIFTS IN pi+ -p SCATTERING AT 310 Mev [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : U.S. Atomic Energy Commission, 1959.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 14 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- U.S. Atomic Energy Commission and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- In an experimental program recently completed at the 184-inch synchrocyclotron in Berkeley, data were obtained on elastic π⁺-p scattering at a laboratory energy of 310 Mev. Quantities measured were the differential cross section, the total cross section, and the polarization of the recoil protons as a function of center-of-mass angle. We have analyzed the data in terms of S, P, and D waves and have obtained only one acceptable solution. The resultant set of phase shifts is of the Fermi type. The D-wave phase shifts are small but definitely needed to obtain an adequate fit to the data. Owing to the relatively high accuracy of the cross-section data and the inclusion of the results of the polarization experiment, the errors on the small phase shifts have been reduced to less than 1°. The differential cross-section and polarization data are given in Tables I and II.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:ucrl--8981
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Physical Review 122 3 ISSN 1050-2947; PLRAAN FT
Foote, James H.; Chamberlain, Owen; Steiner,Herbert M.; Ypsilantis, Tom; Wiegand, Clyde; Rogers, Ernest H.
Ernest Orlando Lawrence Berkeley NationalLaboratory, Berkeley, CA (US)
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14699677