Effects of magnetic non-linearities on a stored proton beam and their implications for superconducting storage rings [electronic resource].
- Upton, N.Y. : Brookhaven National Laboratory, 1982.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 40 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Brookhaven National Laboratory
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- In this report we describe an experiment which was conducted at the SPS to observe the combined effects of a single isolated high-order nonlinear resonance, nonlinear detuning, and tune modulation. The nonlinear resonance, as well as the nonlinear detuning, was driven by a nonlinear lens, which had been previously used at the SPS for the study of the beam-beam interactions. The nonlinear motion of a particle in the field of the lens is discussed.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Evans, L.; Cornacchia, M.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14699907