Tau Charm Factory physics [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C : United States. Dept. of Energy. Office of Energy Research, 1989.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: (12 pages) : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Stanford Linear Accelerator Center
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Energy Research
National Science Foundation (U.S.)
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Tau Charm Factories proposed for future machines will provide powerful and unique facilities to study a variety of physics topics: the tau lepton, charm mesons, charmonium and the J/ψ decays. These topics cover the physics of the members of the first and second quark doublets and the third lepton doublet. A workshop held at Stanford Linear Accelerator Center reviewed the physics, the machine and the detector for such a facility. In this paper, highlights of this meeting will be reviewed. We will begin with a short sketch of the machine issues and then briefly describe topics in tau, charm and charmonium-J/ψ physics. 49 refs., 2 figs., 1 tab.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
International symposium on heavy quark physics, Ithaca, NY (USA), 13-17 Jun 1989.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14700093