Physics signatures at the SSC [electronic resource].
- Upton, N.Y. : Brookhaven National Laboratory, 1984. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 55 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Brookhaven National Laboratory and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- The extrapolation based on the standard model from previous data to the S anti ppS has been quite successful. However, the extrapolation from the S anti ppS to the SSC is substantially greater. In terms of mass, the former extrapolation was from M approx. = 30 GeV at PETRA, PEP, and the ISR to M approx. = 100 GeV at the S anti ppS. The extrapolation for the SSC is from M approx. = 100 GeV to M approx. = 1000-10,000 GeV. In addition there is an extrapolation in x. The typical x value at the S anti ppS is x approx. = m/sub W/s = 0.15, while for the SSC many processes of interest have x < 0.01. This does not mean that one should dispair or should ignore the theoretical predictions, but some degree of caution is in order.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 01/01/1984., "bnl-34513", " conf-840275-1", "DE84008804", Workshop on anti pp options for the SSC, Chicago, IL, USA, 13 Feb 1984., and Paige, F.E.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14700164