The library innovation toolkit : ideas, strategies, and programs / edited by Anthony Molaro and Leah L. White ; foreword by R. David Lankes
- Chicago : ALA Editions, an imprint of the American Library Association, 2015.
- Physical Description:
- xix, 194 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Molaro, Anthony, White, Leah L., and Lankes, R. David, 1970-
- Innovative culture: Zen and the art of innovation / Sarah Hashemi Scott and Heather McNamee. Driving creativity and innovation in your organization : it's easier than you think / Kelly Pepo. The library's role in promoting tolerance and diversity in a university / Lorna E. Rourke -- Innovative staff: Information wizardry / Sarah Strahl and Erica J. Christianson. Innovation boot camp : a social experiment / Robin Bergart and M.J. D'Elia. Building a toolkit to craft your instruction program : the Virginia Tech experience / Tracy M. Hall, Edward F. Lener, and Purdom Lindblad -- Innovative outreach: Get on board with community needs : Ferry Tales, a monthly book group aboard the ferry / Audrey Barbakoff. A librarian walks into a bar / Ben Haines and Kate Niehoff -- Innovative technology: Seizing the opportunity for innovation and service improvement / Cheryl McGrath and Brad Warren. The "eyes" have it : a digital media lab in an academic library / Pat Duck -- Innovative spaces: Participatory spaces and idea box / Monica Harris. "Like a kid in a candy store" : marketplaces in public libraries / Daisy Porter-Reynolds -- Innovative programs: Apprentices of the Book Empire at a glance / Amy Holcomb and Anna Fillmore. Monsters, rockets, and baby racers : stepping into the story with children and young people / Matt Finch and Tracie Mauro. Librari-Con : bringing magic to your library / Erika Earp and Melissa Lang. The business of ideas : using a TED-like event to spread innovation / Troy A. Swanson.
- Progress for the sake of progress is all too often a drain on precious time and resources. The communities and users that libraries serve are always changing; true innovation helps libraries adapt to meet their needs and aspirations both now and in the future. This stimulating collection offers numerous snapshots of innovation in action at a range of libraries, showcasing ideas and initiatives that will inspire librarians at their own institutions. Among the topics covered are: the importance of creating organizational structures that lead to innovation, strategies for getting library staff and other stakeholders on board and engaged, complete with a step-by-step toolkit for achieving innovative outcomes, ways to expand the library beyond its walls to deliver exceptional and innovative services to library users, money-saving initiatives that use technology to improve users' experience, innovative uses of library spaces, such as designing and implementing a digital media lab.
- 9780838912744 (paper : pbk.)
0838912745 paper : pbk.)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 14700684