Human rights and the food sovereignty movement : reclaiming control / Priscilla Claeys
- Claeys, Priscilla
- Abingdon, Oxon ; New York, NY : Routledge, 2015.
- Physical Description:
- xiii, 197 pages ; 24 cm.
- Routledge studies in food, society and environment
- Machine generated contents note: 1.Introduction -- 2.The right to food sovereignty -- 3.The rights of peasants -- 4.The right to food -- 5.The challenges of using rights -- 6.Transforming the right to food.
- "The book assesses efforts to achieve the international recognition of new human rights for peasants at the international level, namely the 'right to food sovereignty' and 'peasants' rights'. It explores why La Via Campesina was successful in mobilizing a human rights discourse in its struggle against neoliberalism, and also the limitations and potential pitfalls of using the human rights framework"--
- 9781138793019 hardback, 1138793019 hardback, 9781138793026 pbk, and 1138793027 pbk
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 14700763