Science, society and the environment : applying anthropology and physics to sustainability / Michael R. Dove and Daniel M. Kammen
- Dove, Michael, 1949-
- Abingdon, Oxon ; New York, NY : Routledge, 2015.
- Physical Description:
- xiii, 163 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Kammen, Daniel M., 1962-
- Introduction : the anthropology and physics of sustainable environmental systems -- The virtues of mundane science : studying the everyday -- Nature, society, and science in anthropogenic grasslands : studying declensionist discourses -- High-modern versus local folk views of dearth and abundance : studying failure vs success in resource management systems -- Differences in perceptions of climate change between and within nations : studying science, scientists, and folk -- Conclusions : reflections on inter-disciplinarity, sustainability, and thermodynamics.
- 9780415715980 (hardback)
- "Earthscan from Routledge."
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Purchased with funds from the Benzak Foundation American Environmental History Collections Endowment at the Penn State Libraries; 2014
- Endowment Note:
- Benzak Foundation American Environmental History Collections Endowment at the Penn State Libraries
View MARC record | catkey: 14701403