Nanotechnology in Endodontics [electronic resource] : Current and Potential Clinical Applications / edited by Anil Kishen
- Kishen, Anil
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2015.
- Physical Description:
- XII, 199 pages 61 illustrations, 38 illustrations in color : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- SpringerLink (Online service)
- Nanotechnology and nanomaterials in tissue engineering -- Characterization of nanomaterials/nanoparticles -- Cytotoxicity in nanomaterials -- Nanomaterials/nanoparticles in drug and gene delivery -- Antibacterial nanomaterials -- Antibacterial nanoparticles in endodontics -- Dentin tissue stabilization using nanoparticles -- Nanoparticles in restorative and endodontic materials -- Nanomaterials/nanoparticles in dentin-pulp regeneration.
- This book provides detailed information on the emerging applications of nanomaterials and nanoparticles within endodontics, highlighting the exciting potential clinical impact of nanotechnology in the field. The range of applications covered is diverse, encompassing drug and gene delivery, tissue engineering, antibacterial strategies, dentin tissue stabilization, dentin pulp regeneration, and use in restorative and endodontic materials. Important scientific background information relating to each application is provided, with clear coverage of basic principles. In addition, potential pitfalls are identified and explained. The cytotoxicity of nanomaterials and nanoparticles is also addressed in a separate chapter. The book will be of value both for endodontic practitioners and for all scientists and graduate students who are interested in the application of nanotechnology in endodontics.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
View MARC record | catkey: 14701607