- Machine generated contents note: 1.Taxation and Regulation of the Financial Sector / Gaetan Nicodeme -- I.Interplay of Taxation and Regulation Policies for the Financial Sector -- 2.New Bank Taxes: Why and What Will Be the Effects? / Michael P. Devereux -- 3.Taxes, Banks, and Financial Stability / Reint Gropp -- 4.Taxation and Regulation of Banks to Manage Systemic Risk / John Vickers -- 5.Insolvency Uncertainty, Banking Tax, and Macroprudential Regulation / Jin Cao -- 6.The Political Economy of Containing Financial Systemic Risk / Francesco Passarelli -- II.Design of Taxes and Regulation for the Financial Sector -- 7.How Should Financial Intermediation Services Be Taxed? / Ben Lockwood -- 8.FAT or VAT? The Financial Activities Tax as a Substitute to Imposing Value-Added Tax on Financial Services / Katharina Erbe -- 9.Assessing the Macroeconomic Impact of Financial Transaction Taxes / Lukas Vogel -- 10.Financial Activities Taxes, Bank Levies, and Systemic Risk / Stefano Zedda -- III.Evidence on the Efficacy of Taxation and Regulation -- 11.Taxation, Bank Leverage, and Financial Crises / Masanori Orihara -- 12.Ability of Banks to Shift Corporate Income Taxes to Customers / Olena Havrylchyk -- 13.Incidence of Bank Regulations and Taxes on Wages: Evidence from US States / Timothy J. Goodspeed -- 14.Impact of the Bank Transactions Tax on Deposits in Argentina / Ernesto Crivelli -- 15.The 2011 FDIC Assessment on Banks' Managed Liabilities: Interest Rate and Balance-Sheet Responses / Patrick McGuire.
- Analytical and empirical perspectives on the interplay of taxation and regulation in the financial sector.
- 9780262321099 electronic bk.
0262321092 electronic bk.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Purchased with funds from the Robert J. Nurock Libraries Endowment; 2014
- Endowment Note:
- Robert J. Nurock Libraries Endowment
View MARC record | catkey: 14702066