USE OF SLIMHOLE DRILLING TO REDUCE WELL COSTS 30-50% [electronic resource] : ARNIM PROSPECT
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 2002.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- This report highlights the drilling of two shallow oil wells in Fayette County, Texas. The operator of these two wells was Stanton Mineral Development, Inc. The aim of this project was to successfully complete the two (2) wells, emphasizing tight oversight of the technological aspects, neglect of which are the primary causes of failure in this mature producing region as well as unnecessarily expensive wells. Discussions contained here within are not limited to just the execution of the project itself, but a historical and technical analysis which forms a basis for the decisions made both during drilling and completion. Additionally, there is substantial dialogue covering the financial benefits associated with the findings of this project.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
WM. Stanton McDonald; Christopher M. Long.
Stanton Mineral Development, Inc.
- Type of Report and Period Covered Note:
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14702663