Revitalizing a mature oil play [electronic resource] : Strategies for finding and producing unrecovered oil in frio fluvial-deltaic sandstone reservoirs at South Texas. Annual report, October 1994--October 1995
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1996. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 178 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- University of Texas at Austin, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- The Frio Fluvial-Deltaic Sandstone oil play of South Texas has produced nearly 1 billion barrels of oil, yet it still contains about 1.6 billion barrels of unrecovered mobile oil and nearly the same amount of residual oil resources. Interwell-scale geologic facise models of Frio Fluvial-deltaic reservoirs are being combined with engineering assessments and geophysical evaluations in order to determine the controls that these characteristics exert on the location and volume or unrecovered mobile and residual oil. Progress in the third year centered on technology transfer. An overview of project tasks is presented.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 02/01/1996., "doe/bc/14959--17", "DE96001211", and McRae, L.; Knox, P.; Holtz, M.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14704605