Assist in the recovery of bypassed oil from reservoirs in the Gulf of Mexico. Final quarterly status report, October 1, 1993--December 31, 1993 [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1994.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 8 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Louisiana State University (Baton Rouge, La.)
United States. Department of Energy
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Maps collected at the MMS office in New Orleans were planimetered and measured. Measurements of estimated salt diameter and updip areas are also being derived. Production data was read from the tapes obtained in New Orleans and reformatted for use in TORIS. Conceptual work began on the development of the models required to assess unrecovered oil, continued primary recovery of existing mapped oil, updip attic oil recovery, and miscible and immiscible CO₂ injection recovery. Efforts began to supplement existing TORIS data with drilling, workover and facility costs related to past enhanced oil recovery, efforts in the offshore Gulf of Mexico area. Data on CO₂ sources was collected and byproduct CO₂ costs were estimated for use in the economic model. LSU continued the analysis of data obtained from Taylor Energy on the South Marsh Island (SMI) Block 73 Field and the blindcoded Field 2, both in the Gulf of Mexico. The apparatus for experiments for the study of attic oil recovery techniques is being tested. Tests of the 2D adaptive finite element model continue, simulating oil/water flow through porous media. Although coning traces are being produced similar to those in the Lance Hebert thesis, oscillations are still a problem. The Master modification has been completed and currently undergoing testing.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
- Type of Report and Period Covered Note:
- Quarterly; 10/01/1993 - 12/31/1993
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14705198