Instrumentation and operational requirements for pilot-scale CO/sub 2/ enhanced oil recovery projects [electronic resource].
- Albuquerque, N.M. : Sandia National Laboratories, 1980.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 51 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Sandia National Laboratories
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- This report describes an instrumentation system to monitor a miscible displacement pilot flood under carefully controlled conditions. The primary focus is on CO/sub 2/ flooding but the results apply equally well to other types of miscible floods. Included are discussions of the physical processes in a CO/sub 2/ flood, a review of existing CO/sub 2/ floods, instrumentation available, site selection and characterization, operation of the flood, simulator evaluation, and cost estimates for this type of project. Throughout the report it is emphasized that determination of residual oil saturation before and after the flood is crucial to evaluation of the results.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Eisenhawer, S. W.; Lyle, Jr., W. D.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14705246