El Dorado Micellar [electronic resource] : Polymer Project. Technical letter for March 1976
- Washington, D.C : United States. Energy Research and Development Administration, 1976.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 30 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Energy Research and Development Administration
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- The well stimulation program that was initiated last month has continued to appear quite favorable. The program was extended to include all injection wells operating below 100 barrels per day. A total of 20,280 and 19,160 barrels of pretreatment fluids were injected into the Chesney and Hegberg pattern, respectively. Work concerned with the quality of injection water has continued on site and in the laboratory. Additional information has been received about the formulation of the Shell system. Laboratory flow experiments, modeling and other work directed toward questions raised by study of this information have been initiated. Meetings were held with representatives of Union and Witco to discuss the blending and specifications for petroleum sulfonates used in the Union process. Mobility was the topic of a joint meeting with Union and Shell. As a result of the joint meeting, additional relative permeability work has been undertaken. Many aspects of the Union design were reviewed in a Cities Service--Union Oil meeting on March 24. The streamline and front tracking model has been documented using comment statements inserted within the program listing. This model has been used to compare sweep for various patterns and operating conditions. Polymer slug simulation has continued.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Cities Service Oil Co., New York (USA)
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14705498