Studies of the 3D structure of the proton at Jlab [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy. Office of Science, 2014.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 312-316 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Thomas Jefferson National Accelerator Facility (U.S.)
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Science
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- In recent years parton distributions, describing longitudinal momentum, helicity and transversity distributions of quarks and gluons, have been generalized to account also for transverse degrees of freedom. Two new sets of more general distributions, Transverse Momentum Distributions (TMDs) and Generalized Parton Distributions (GPDs) were introduced to describe transverse momentum and spatial distributions of partons. Great progress has been made since then in measurements of different Single Spin Asymmetries (SSAs) in semi-inclusive and hard exclusive processes, providing access to TMDs and GPDs, respectively. Studies of TMDs and GPDs are also among the main driving forces of the JLab 12 GeV upgrade project.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Physics of Particles and Nuclei 45 1 ISSN 1063-7796
SPIN 2012, 17-22 September 2012, Dubna, (Russian Federation).
Avakian, Harut A.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14705667