Search for the standard model Higgs boson produced in association with a standard W or a Z boson and decaying to bottom quarks [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy. High Energy Physics Division, 2014.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 49 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory
United States. Department of Energy. High Energy Physics Division
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- A search for the standard model Higgs boson (H) decaying to b b-bar when produced in association with a weak vector boson (V) is reported for the following channels: W(mu nu)H, W(e nu)H, W(tau nu)H, Z(mu mu)H, Z(e e)H, and Z(nu nu)H. The search is performed in data samples corresponding to integrated luminosities of up to 5.1 inverse femtobarns at sqrt(s) = 7 TeV and up to 18.9 inverse femtobarns at sqrt(s) = 8 TeV, recorded by the CMS experiment at the LHC. An excess of events is observed above the expected background with a local significance of 2.1 standard deviations for a Higgs boson mass of 125 GeV, consistent with the expectation from the production of the standard model Higgs boson. The signal strength corresponding to this excess, relative to that of the standard model Higgs boson, is 1.0 +/- 0.5.</abstract>
- Published through SciTech Connect.
"arXiv eprint number arXiv:1310.3687"
Physical Review D 89 1 ISSN 1550-7998; PRVDAQ FT
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14705873